Capt. Brian J. McNally USMC Scholarship - $5,000 ($1,000 per year for 3 years and $2,000 for the 4th year)
$5,000 ($1,000 per year for 3 years and $2,000 for the 4thyear)
In memory of Brian McNally, the McNally Family established The Capt. Brian J. McNally USMC Scholarshipto honor the life of Morristown High School Alumnus, Capt. Brian J. McNally USMC, an American Patriot, who exemplified a life dedicated to volunteerism and service to his schools, community, state and country. While attending Morris School District Schools and graduating from Morristown High School class of 2006, Brian was an active participant in youth sports, boy scouts, varsity sports, extra-curricular activities, Morris Minute Men and Morris Township Fire Department. Brian continued this spirit of service while attending The Citadel, Charleston SC, as a member of the Honor Guard, Lacrosse Team and member of US Marines ROTC. Brian graduated as a 2nd Lt in the US Marine Corps. His military commitment required attendance and graduation from Officers’ Candidate School and The Basic School along with 5 years of active duty. Brian served active duty with the Marines, including deployment to Afghanistan. Most recently Brian attended NJ State Police Academy and was a trooper for 4 years serving North Jersey. Brian continued his duty with the Marine Corps as a Capt. leading the3rd Battalion 25th Marines, Kilo Co. reserve unit. Brian believed in service and joining brotherhoods that were enhancing lives of all citizens! To learn more about Capt. Brian J. McNally USMC click here.
The scholarship will be open to all students who are pursuing Criminal Justice, Law & Protection, Health Care, Nursing & Medical Management or Emergency Management/ Public Safetyat a four-year college who demonstrate dedicated community service. The scholarship must be used to pay tuition at an accredited 4-year college or university. Financial need is a consideration, but not a requirement.
To be considered for this scholarship, the Morristown High School senior must:
- Submit a complete MEF Common Scholarship Application online
- Apply to or have been accepted by an accredited 4-year college or university
- Be majoring in Criminal Justice, Law & Protection, Health Care, Nursing & Medical Management or Emergency Management/Public Safety
- Demonstrate community service in Morristown, Morris Township or Morris Plains
- MEF Common Scholarship Application with current transcript
- Complete the Financial Information Supplement
- Complete the following Supplemental Essays (250 words or less each):
- How has your volunteerism been an integral part of your life and influenced your passion for your indicated major?
- What is your mission in life?
- Provide two letters of recommendation that address why this student should be chosen for this scholarship. One letter from a teacher and one letter from a community service supervisor.