Hess-Mulcahy Scholarship - $1,000
Morristown High School graduates Molly Hess, ’08 and Liam Mulcahy, ’07 met and began dating at MHS, and after living in Dallas, New York City and San Francisco, they have come home to Morristown and wanted to give back to the school that gave them so much. Professionals with careers in marketing and technology, they understand the importance of opportunities within the fields of science, technology, engineering, math and writing. The Hess-Mulcahy Scholarship is awarded to a Morristown High School senior planning to attend an accredited college for post-secondary education. The scholarship will reward a student pursuing a degree in the arts (preferably in writing) or a degree in STEM. The recipient will receive a one-time $1,000 award.
The scholarship will be open to all Morristown High School seniors who meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Come from an underrepresented group in either the field of the arts or STEM
- Apply to and/or been accepted by an accredited 4-year college or university
- Either be studying something in the arts field (preferably writing) or science, technology, engineering or math in college
All students must:
- Complete the MEF Common Scholarship Application with current transcript.
- Prepare an essay (300-500 words) that addresses all of the following: What inspires you to pursue a degree in the arts (preferably in writing) or a degree in STEM?
- Provide two letters of recommendation that address why this student should be chosen for this scholarship – one from a teacher and one from a guidance counselor.