Ferrara-Myers Grandparent Scholarship - $2,000
Description: The Ferrara-Myers Grandparent Scholarship was established in May, 2021 by Kris and Tom Ferrara in memory of Robert and Connie Ferrara and in honor of Jane and Mike Myers, collectively the proud parents and grandparents of 10 Morristown High School graduates. This scholarship recognizes their lifelong support of educational and community-focused causes.
It is awarded to a Morristown High School senior planning to attend a trade school, 2-year community college, or a 4-year college or university. Preference will be given to a student with financial need, attending trade school. It is a one-time $2,000 award.
- Weighted GPA of 3.0 or above .
- Apply to or have been accepted by a trade school, 2-year community college, or a 4-year college or university. Preference will be given to students planning to attend trade school.
- Preference will be given to students with financial need.
- Must demonstrate volunteer or community service effort.
- MEF Common Scholarship Application with current transcript
- Response to the essay prompt in 500 words or less: Write about your post-high school graduation goals and how this scholarship will impact your ability to achieve these goals.
- Provide two letters of recommendation - one from a guidance counselor and one from a teacher - that address why this student should be chosen for this scholarship.