Morristown Distinguished Wrestler Scholarship - $1,500
$1,500 one-time award
The Morristown Distinguished Wrestler Scholarship is awarded to a senior wrestler planning to attend post-secondary education at an accredited college or trade school. The scholarship will reward the success a student has had balancing the academic demands of school, the physical demands of wrestling and finding time for school and community involvement. Funding for this scholarship is raised from MHS wrestling alumni, the Motown Grapplers Youth Wrestling Club, the MHS Wrestling Boosters and other friends of Morristown wrestling.
- Submit a complete MEF Common Scholarship Application and essay online
- Minimum GPA – 2.75
- Minimum 2 years MHS wrestling
- Awarded to the senior wrestler with the most cumulative points using the following criteria:
- GPA: 2.75-3.24 (1 point), 3.25-3.49 (2 pts), 3.50-3.74 (3 pts), 3.75-3.99 (4 pts), >4.00 (5 pts)
- Years Wrestling: 2-3 years (1 pt), 4 yrs (2 pts), 5-6 yrs (3 pts), 7-8 years (4 pts), >8 yrs (5 pts)
- Wrestling Success: Regions Qualifier Senior Year (2 pts)
- MHS Wrestling Head Coach Leadership Ranking: Each senior is ranked 1 to 5 based on leadership and school/community involvement. Top ranked wrestler will receive 5 points, second ranked 4 points, and so forth on down to 1 point for the 5th ranked wrestler.
- In the case of a tie, decision will be based on the Head Coach's review of the essay submitted in the application.
- MEF Common Scholarship Application with current transcript
- Complete the following Supplemental Essays (150 words or less each):
- What has wrestling has meant to you?