Dorothy F. Johnson Scholarship - $3,500 ($1,750 annually for 2 years)
$1,750 per year for the first 2 years of college
The Dorothy F. Johnson Scholarship was established as a bequest in the will of Dorothy F. Johnson. Ms. Johnson was a 1947 graduate of Morristown High School. She was a lifetime resident of Morristown and dedicated her life and work to the community. She served as Morristown’s Treasurer and Director of Finance, Treasurer of the Morris School District, the disbursing officer for the Morristown-Morris Township Library and was an active member in a number of local philanthropic entities.
This scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior from MHS who has shown the greatest aptitude in business administration and who intends to pursue a course of study in business administration. The scholarship must be used to pay tuition and related expenses at an accredited 2 or 4-year college or university. If the criteria continue to be met, the recipient may also qualify for the same amount for the second year of college attendance.
To be considered for this scholarship, the Morristown High School senior must:
- Submit a complete MEF Common Scholarship Application online
- Apply to or have been accepted by an accredited 4-year college or university with a strong business administration program
- Demonstrate plans to major in field of business administration
- Demonstrate proficiency in courses related to business, marketing and/or economics at MHS
- Demonstrate participation in MHS extra-curricular activities, job and/or community service. Participation in FBLA is not required but is an advantage.
To qualify for the $1,750 award in the second year the student must submit:
- A transcript from freshman year of college maintaining a 3.0 GPA
- Course selection for the second year
- A letter from his/her academic advisor stating a declared major in business administration
MEF Common Scholarship Application with current transcript
- Complete the following Supplemental Essays (250 words or less each):
- What motivated you to pursue studies in the fields of business administration?
- Who is your role model in the business world and why?
- Provide two letters of recommendation that address why this student should be chosen for this scholarship