Clifford Starrett Scholarship – $80,000 ($20,000 annually renewable for 4 years)
Up to $20,000 annually for 4 years of college
The Clifford Starrett Scholarship was established to celebrate Mr. Strarrett’s legacy as an elder statesman of Morristown who helped preserve much of Morristown’s history and its heart, the Morristown Green. Mr. Starrett had the good fortune of receiving scholarships to both Princeton and NYU Law School and wished to have the same impact on Morristown High School seniors, giving them the opportunity to pursue their passions. Mr. Starrett was respected partner at Schenck Price Smith and King who was described as “a perfect gentleman, a man of wit and wisdom, a man who always had the right aphorism to fit the occasion, who always had a hand to help a new colleague or a worthy cause.”
The scholarship will be open to all students who can articulate their passion and how they are pursuing it. The student must have demonstrated financial need and have a weighted GPA of 3.0 or higher. The scholarship must be used to pay tuition at an accredited 4-year college or university.
To be considered for this scholarship, the Morristown High School senior must:
- Submit a complete MEF Common Scholarship Application online
- Have a weighted GPA of 3.0
- Apply to or have been accepted by an accredited 4-year college or university
- Have financial need
- Fill out the FAFSA
- Demonstrated passion for a topic or pursuit
- MEF Common Scholarship Application with current transcript
- Complete the following Essay (300 words or less):
- What is your passion and how are you pursuing it now and how do you plan to pursue it in the future.
- Provide two letters of recommendation that address why this student should be chosen for this scholarship.