Stephen B. Wiley Scholarship - $8,000 ($4,000 annually for 2 years)
$8,000 ($4,000/year for two years)
This scholarship was established in honor of Stephen B. Wiley, founder of the Morris Educational Foundation, whose tireless efforts helped forge a strong and vibrant school system and significantly strengthened the community. It is awarded to a Morristown High School senior or a Morris County School of Technology Senior for $4,000 per year for the first two years of education beyond high school. The Morris Educational Foundation is able to provide this scholarship as a result of the generous donations from friends of Steve Wiley.
The scholarship must be used to pay tuition and related expenses at an accredited 2 or 4-year college or university. If the criteria continue to be met, the recipient may also qualify for the same amount for the second year of college attendance. The student will be required to submit a transcript from their first year of college in order to qualify.
To be considered for this scholarship, the Morristown High School senior must:
- Applied to and/or been accepted by an accredited 2 or 4-year college or university,
- An ability to demonstrate financial need,
- Proven involvement as a community-minded individual,
- Demonstrated record of leadership, integrity, and kindness,
- Achieved an MHS or MCST Transcript reflecting a minimum weighted GPA of 2.5,
- Participated and shown leadership in activities both inside and outside of school.
- MEF Common Scholarship Application
- Complete the following Supplemental Essay (500 words or less):
- How do you and your plans for the future embody the traits of integrity, kindness and leadership?
- Financial Information Application Supplement
- Provide two letters of recommendation from either teachers or faculty members who will address the applicant’s specific academic ability and/or specific roles played in community service or extracurricular activities. As required criteria for this scholarship both recommendations must provide specific examples of the recommender’s personal endorsement of the applicant’s demonstrated characteristics of kindness, integrity and leadership.