Morris Educational Foundation Scholarship in Honor of Ricky Godoy - $1,000
Ricky’s Compass is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization focused on mental health in honor of Ricky Godoy. Ricky was a successful entrepreneur and passionate mental health advocate. After a long battle with schizoaffective disorder, bipolar type, Ricky died by suicide on September 21st, 2017. Ricky’s Compass was founded in honor of Ricky’s vision to shatter the stigma around mental health and illness. Through this scholarship, Ricky’s Compass Inc. is looking for students to join us on our mission to educate and bring awareness in order to build communities that are accepting and understanding of all people. For more information, visit us at www.rickyscompass.org.
The scholarship will be open to all students who are pursuing a major in the behavioral health field such as Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, etc. This scholarship must be used toward supplies and/or tuition at an accredited two or four-year college or university.
To be considered for this scholarship, the Morristown High School junior or senior must:
- Submit a complete MEF Common Scholarship Application online.
- Be majoring in the behavioral health field.
- Minimum GPA: 3.0.
- MEF Common Scholarship with current transcript
- Complete the following supplemental essay (250 to 500 words):
- Why are you interested in pursuing a career in behavioral health? Give a specific example of when you have encountered a situation that involves mental health.